The St. John Neumann Catholic Church parish is a catholic community with more than 3,000 families at 5455 Bee Caves Rd, West Lake Hills, Texas. The church focuses on the spiritual renewal of families, children, youth, and adults. This lifelong process involves learning and living someone’s faith individually and as part of a community. Then, moving to a deeper understanding of the relationship with Christ in their lives. Go to the website
St. John Neuman Catholic Church History
In May 1984, St. John Neuman Catholic Church was founded in Austin’s West Lake area. The earliest masses are held at Valley View Elementary School and Cedar Creek Elementary School.
The congregation was transferred to Westlake Drive and Bee Caves Road by the fall of 1986. In 1995, the office building at 102 Westlake Drive was purchased to meet the parish’s growing needs. St. John Neumann also bought three home sites near the parish grounds. However, neighboring concerns and zoning restrictions stifled the expansion efforts of the church.
The steering committee pursued an alternative plan to obtain land within West Lake Hills to meet the parish’s needs. By the spring of 2000, a new church construction at the 28-acre site between Bee Caves Road and Loop 360 started. In January 2003, the parish was moved to a new location.
Over the years, the growing community was nurtured by the diocesan priests. The church has grown to more than 3000 families from a small beginning of hundreds of families. This church provides a faith formation program supporting Christian formation for children and adults. More help
How to Get to St. John Neuman Catholic Church
People can get to St. John Neuman Catholic Church by public transportation, like bus and light rail.
The bus line stops near the church are 803, 20, 10, 4, and 4. The light rail line 550 passes through the St. John Neuman Catholic Church. The Plaza Saltillo light rail station is around 7 minute’s walk.
Below are the bus stations close to the parish:
- 7th/San Marcos – 5 minutes walk
- 805 Trinity/8th – 7 minutes walk
- 1117 Cesar Chavez/Waller – 7 minutes walk
- 1003 Cesar Chavez/San Marcos – 7 minutes walk
Here are the bus lines to St. John Neuman Catholic Church:
- Line 4: 7th Street Eb
- Line 935: Tech Ridge Express Nb
- Line 171: Oak Hill Flyer Nb
- Line 142: Metric Flyer Nb
- Line 111: South Mopac Flyer Nb
- Line 103: Menchaca Flyer Nb
- Line 10: South 1st/Red River Nb
- Line 7: Duval/Dove Springs Nb
- Line 5: Woodrow/East 12th Nb
- Line 490: HEB Shuttle Ob
- Line 2: Rosewood/Cesar Chavez Sb
- Line 493: Eastview Ib
St. John Neuman Catholic Church Pastoral Care
The parish offers priest assistance for different situations, including divorce, family crisis, death of a loved one, or suicidal feelings.
Sacrament of Confirmation Requirements
The parish church hopes students and the youth will continuously get engaged and involved in faith formation. For the beginning of confirmation formation, students must have at least two years of Catholic school education, comprehensive youth ministry, and a formal parish religious education.
Since the formation starts in the 10th year grade, students must be active in the program from their 8th grade second semester until the confirmation begins.
St. John Neuman Catholic Church Mass Times
Local and tourists who want to attend masses can check out the following schedules:
- Saturday Vigil Mass: 5:00 PM
- Sunday Mass: 7:30 AM (no music), 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM (live steamed), 5:00 PM (contemporary music)
- Daily Mass: Monday to Friday (8:45 AM)
- Reconciliation: Monday (9:15 AM to 9:45 AM), Wednesday (5:00 PM to 6:00 PM), Saturday (4:30 PM)
- Adoration in the Chapel: Wednesday (9:30 AM to 7:00 PM)
People can be parish members by registering online. They can also register in person by getting a registration form from the Pastoral Center front office or in the back of the church. A family must be a registered parish member and attend Sunday masses for at least three months.
Important Information About St. John Neuman Catholic Church
- Address: 5455 Bee Caves Rd, West Lake Hills, Tx 78746
- Phone: +1 512-328-3220
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: sjaustin.org
- Opening and Closing Times: Monday to Thursday (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM), Friday (8:30 AM to 4:00 PM), Saturday and Sunday (6:30 AM to 7:30 PM)