Uphaus Early Childhood Center is a public school in Austin, Texas, that serves young children from the age of 3 through pre-kindergarten. The school is named after Mary Uphaus, a beloved early childhood educator who taught in the Austin Independent School District for more than 30 years.
Uphaus Early Childhood Center is committed to providing high-quality early childhood education to prepare young children for success in elementary school and beyond.
Programs and Curriculum
Uphaus Early Childhood Center offers a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of young children and their families. The school’s curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate, meaning that it is tailored to the specific needs and abilities of young children. The curriculum is also aligned with the Texas Pre-kindergarten Guidelines, which provide a framework for what young children should know and be able to do by the end of pre-kindergarten.
One of the key features of Uphaus Early Childhood Center is its bilingual program, which provides instruction in both English and Spanish. This program is designed to help young children develop fluency in both languages and prepare them for success in a diverse and multicultural world.
The school also offers a number of support services to help children with special needs, including speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. These services are provided by trained professionals who work closely with teachers and families to ensure that each child receives the support and resources they need to succeed.
Facilities and Environment
Uphaus Early Childhood Center is housed in a modern, state-of-the-art facility that was designed specifically for young children. The school features bright, spacious classrooms, a large outdoor playground, and a variety of indoor play areas to promote active learning and exploration. Browse this website
The school also places a strong emphasis on creating a safe, nurturing, and inclusive environment for all children. Teachers and staff work closely with families to ensure that each child feels valued and supported and that their unique needs and abilities are recognized and celebrated.
Uphaus Early Childhood Center places a strong emphasis on family engagement, recognizing that parents and caregivers play a critical role in their children’s education and development. The school offers a variety of opportunities for families to get involved, including parent-teacher conferences, family literacy nights, and parent workshops on a variety of topics related to child development and education.
The school also has a parent center, which provides a welcoming and supportive space for parents to connect with each other, access resources, and get involved in school activities. The parent center is staffed by a family support specialist, who is available to provide guidance and support to parents as they navigate the challenges of raising young children.
Tips When Visiting
- Schedule a tour: If you are interested in enrolling your child in Uphaus Early Childhood Center, it is a good idea to schedule a tour of the school. This will give you an opportunity to see the facilities and meet some of the teachers and staff.
- Come prepared with questions: Before your visit, take some time to think about any questions you may have about the school’s programs, curriculum, or policies. This will help you make the most of your visit and get the information you need.
- Observe classroom activities: During your visit, take the opportunity to observe classroom activities and interactions between teachers and students. This will give you a sense of the school’s teaching style and approach to early childhood education.
Talk to teachers and staff: Take some time to speak with teachers and staff members during your visit. They can provide valuable insights into the school’s programs and services, as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Get involved: If you decide to enroll your child in Uphaus Early Childhood Center, consider getting involved in the school’s family engagement activities. This can be a great way to connect with other parents and caregivers, as well as support your child’s learning and development.
Uphaus Early Childhood Center is a vibrant and supportive learning community that is committed to providing young children with a strong foundation for success in school and in life. Through its high-quality programs, developmentally appropriate curriculum, and emphasis on family engagement, the school is helping to prepare a new generation of young learners to thrive in a rapidly changing world Read Next Article
What age group does Uphaus Early Childhood Center serve?
Uphaus Early Childhood Center serves children from the age of 3 through pre-kindergarten.
Is Uphaus Early Childhood Center a public school?
Yes, Uphaus Early Childhood Center is a public school that is part of the Austin Independent School District.
Does Uphaus Early Childhood Center offer a bilingual program?
Yes, Uphaus Early Childhood Center offers a bilingual program in English and Spanish.
What support services are available for children with special needs?
Uphaus Early Childhood Center offers a variety of support services for children with special needs, including speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
Is family engagement encouraged at Uphaus Early Childhood Center?
Yes, Uphaus Early Childhood Center places a strong emphasis on family engagement and offers a variety of opportunities for parents and caregivers to get involved.
Important Information Need to Know
- Address: 5200 Freidrich Ln, Austin, TX 78744, United States
- Website: https://uphaus.austinschools.org/
- Contact Number: +15124145520
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 7:30 to 4 PM