Gold jewelry is a classic and versatile accessory that can elevate any outfit. However, choosing the right colors to wear with gold jewelry can take time and effort. In this blog post, we’ll explore what colors go best with gold jewelry and how to style your gold pieces for different occasions.
One of the easiest ways to style gold jewelry is to pair it with complementary colors. Complementary colors are colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. For gold, the complementary color is purple.
This means that any shade of purple, from deep eggplant to soft lavender, will complement and enhance your gold jewelry. For a bold and glamorous look, you can also pair gold with other jewel tones, such as emerald green, ruby red, or sapphire blue.
Gold jewelry also pairs well with neutral colors like white, black, gray, and beige. These colors provide a clean and classic backdrop that allows your gold jewelry to shine. For example, a simple white t-shirt paired with gold hoop earrings and a delicate gold necklace is a timeless and chic look.
Another great option for styling gold jewelry is to pair it with earth tones. Earth tones include brown, tan, olive green, and rust. These colors complement the warm tones of gold and create a natural and earthy vibe. A gold pendant necklace paired with a rust-colored sweater and brown leather boots is a perfect fall look.
If you prefer a softer and more feminine look, pair gold jewelry with pastel colors, such as pink, mint green, or light blue. These colors provide a delicate and whimsical backdrop that contrasts nicely with the boldness of gold. For example, a dainty gold bracelet paired with a pale pink blouse and white jeans is a fresh and stylish summer look.
Finally, feel free to mix metals when styling your gold jewelry. Gold pairs well with other metallic colors, such as silver, bronze, and copper. You can wear a silver watch with gold bangles or layer a bronze necklace with a delicate gold chain for a bohemian-inspired look.
Tips on How to Choose Colors That Go with Gold Jewelry
If you want to choose colors that complement your gold jewelry, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Consider the tone of your gold jewelry. Gold comes in different tones, such as yellow, rose, or white gold. Each tone has a different effect on the colors that pair well with it. For example, yellow gold pairs well with warm tones like red or orange, while white gold pairs well with cool tones like blue or green.
- Choose colors that complement your skin tone. Specific colors can bring out your skin tone and enhance the overall look of your gold jewelry. For example, you can opt for warm colors like peach or coral if you have warm undertones. You can opt for cool colors like lavender or periwinkle.
- Consider the occasion. The colors that go with gold jewelry can vary depending on the occasion. You may want to pair your gold jewelry with neutral or subdued colors like black or navy for formal events. Pair your gold jewelry with bright or playful colors like pink or turquoise for casual events.
- Think about the overall look you want to achieve. If you want a bold and statement-making look, pair your gold jewelry with bright and bold colors like fuchsia or emerald green. If you want a more subtle and understated look, pair your gold jewelry with muted colors like beige or taupe.
- Try pairing your gold jewelry with different colors to see what looks best. Don’t hesitate to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
Choosing the right colors for your gold jewelry is about experimenting with combinations and finding the best. Consider the tone of your gold, skin tone, occasion, and overall look you want to achieve when selecting your color palette.
Can I wear gold jewelry in black?
Yes, gold jewelry pairs well with black. The contrast between the gold’s boldness and the black’s darkness creates a sophisticated and elegant look.
Can I wear gold jewelry with white?
Yes, gold jewelry pairs well with white. The clean and crisp backdrop of white allows the gold to stand out and shine.
Can I wear gold jewelry with silver?
Yes, you can mix and match gold and silver jewelry. This creates a modern and edgy look that is perfect for layering.
Can I wear gold jewelry with bright colors?
Gold jewelry pairs well with bright colors like fuchsia, turquoise, or electric blue. The boldness of the gold complements the vibrancy of the bright colors.
Can I wear gold jewelry with patterns?
Gold jewelry pairs well with patterns, such as stripes or florals. Just be sure to choose a pattern with a color palette that complements your gold jewelry.
Can I wear gold jewelry with denim?
Yes, gold jewelry pairs well with denim. The casual and relaxed vibe of denim contrasts nicely with the boldness of the gold.
Can I wear gold jewelry with other accessories?
Yes, you can mix and match gold jewelry with other accessories, such as scarves or hats. Just be sure to choose accessories with a color palette that complements your gold jewelry.
Can I wear gold jewelry with formal attire?
Yes, gold jewelry is perfect for formal attire. The boldness and elegance of the gold complement the sophistication of formal wear.
Gold jewelry is a versatile and timeless accessory that can be styled in various ways. Whether you prefer bold jewel tones, neutral colors, earthy hues, pastels, or metallics, there’s a color palette that will complement your gold jewelry. Feel free to experiment, mix, and match colors to create your unique style.